Recipe: Golden Turmeric & Banana Chia Smoothie
As a deliciously wholesome way to lock-in your daily dose of the miracle-spice Turmeric, it's no surprise that our Golden Turmeric ultra-pure almond milk is among our top-sellers. While its' fans drink the healing tonic on its own (warmed in nice big mug), many have asked for other ways it can be served.
This recipe was submitted to us by one of our customers (thanks Samantha O.). A unique experience, this easy to prepare smoothie satisfies your taste buds with its sweet/spicy notes + your body with its hefty doses of turmeric, potassium, Vitamins B & E, protein & fiber. At first I was skeptical in how Turmeric in a smoothie format would play out, but after the first sweet/spicy sip I was a full believer. - Jake
- 1 cup of our Golden Turmeric ultra-pure almond milk
- 1 peeled, medium-size banana
- 2 tablespoons of our Original Almond Meal
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 6-8 ice cubes teaspoon of ginger powder
- sprinkle of salt
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth or your desired consistency (I prefer my smoothies with a bit of coarseness). Pour into glass, garnish with a few slices of banana & serve.
- Vegetarian / Vegan
- Turmeric: our Golden Turmeric almond milk contains a hefty dose of Organic Indian Turmeric Root, which is extraordinarily rich in Curcumin, the active ingredient believed to help joint-related issues.
- Ceylon Cinnamon & Ginger: Ceylon Cinnamon, is hailed as the ‘true cinnamon’ vs. less-effective Cassia Cinnamon. Ceylon Cinnamon is more closely associated with potentially regulating blood sugar levels. Ginger Root is renowned to help improve the body’s absorption of essential nutrients
- Raw & Unpasteurized Almonds: natural source of Vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant, and Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) which helps the body feed oxygen to the heart, lungs, and brain. And since Origin Almond uses raw & unpasteurized almonds, more of the key vital nutrients and potent enzymes are kept intact.