Recipe: Golden Turmeric Basmati Rice
Golden Turmeric Almond Milk - delicious sweet or savory! I've had several requests for savory recipes that call for our Handcrafted Almond Milks. Golden Turmeric, one of our best sellers, came to mind as it harmoniously blends the distinctive taste of Turmeric with the smooth yet spicy combination of Ceylon Cinnamon and Indian Ginger. One of our customers happens to be a Vegan Food Ninja in the kitchen and shared with us this amazing recipe for Golden Turmeric Basmati Rice. It's fairly easy to prepare in a one-pot cooking method and is guaranteed to fill your kitchen with aromatic goodness. All ingredients are naturally 100% Vegan, dairy, soy, and gluten-free but hearty enough to please everyone. Enjoy! - Jake
- 1 & 1/2 cups of our Golden Turmeric Handcrafted Almond Milk
- 1 tablespoon of our Freshly Ground Almond Meal (Original)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1/2 bay leaf
- finely chopped chives
Heat pot with olive oil and cook onion & garlic until softened (or until onion becomes transparent). Gently fold in basmati rice and stir until coated. Add Golden Turmeric Almond Milk, Almond Meal, and bay leaf, bring to boil, and simmer for 10-15 minutes until rice is soft. Remove bay leaf sprinkle with chopped chives. Serve & enjoy Golden Turmeric delicious goodness!
- Vegan / Vegetarian
- Turmeric: our Golden Turmeric almond milk contains a hefty dose of Organic Indian Turmeric Root, which is extraordinarily rich in Curcumin, the active ingredient believed to help joint-related issues.
- Ceylon Cinnamon & Ginger: Ceylon Cinnamon, is hailed as the ‘true cinnamon’ vs. less-effective Cassia Cinnamon. Ceylon Cinnamon is more closely associated with potentially regulating blood sugar levels. Ginger Root is renowned to help improve the body’s absorption of essential nutrients
- Raw & Unpasteurized Almonds: natural source of Vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant, and Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) which helps the body feed oxygen to the heart, lungs, and brain. And since Origin Almond uses raw & unpasteurized almonds, more of the key vital nutrients and potent enzymes are kept intact.