Recipe: Spiced Banana & Pumpkin Smoothie
This seasonally festive & nourishing smoothie loads up on vitamin A, potassium, and beta-carotene. And with the addition of freshly ground almond meal, you get your natural dose of fiber & protein. For an extra-special finish, top each finished smoothie with a sprinkle of cinnamon, nutmeg, or even freshly ground black pepper.
And since it's made with Origin Almond, you can be assured that the almond milk is as pure as 100% raw, organic, non-GMO, unpasteurized almonds + water. None of the funky additives or excess sugars & salts of the other brands.
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree (or canned pumpkin)
- 1 cup of our Original Pure & Simple ultra-pure almond milk + 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of our Original Almond Meal
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground cardamom
- agave, sugar, or other sweetener to taste
- sprinkle of salt
- handful of ice cubes
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth or your desired consistency (I prefer my smoothies with a bit of coarseness). Pour into glass and serve.
- Vegetarian / Vegan
- Raw & Unpasteurized Almonds: natural source of Vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant, and Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) which helps the body feed oxygen to the heart, lungs, and brain. And since Origin Almond uses raw & unpasteurized almonds, more of the key vital nutrients and potent enzymes are kept intact.
- Ceylon Cinnamon & Ginger: Ceylon Cinnamon, is hailed as the ‘true cinnamon’ vs. less-effective Cassia Cinnamon. Ceylon Cinnamon is more closely associated with potentially regulating blood sugar levels. Ginger Root is renowned to help improve the body’s absorption of essential nutrients.
P.S. if you like this recipe, you're bound to love our Golden Turmeric ultra-pure almond milk. It has a delicious blend of spices including the super-food Turmeric along with Ceylon Cinnamon and Ginger!