Matcha Green Tea: Fat Burning & Antioxidant Powerhouse
It's widely known that brewed green tea provides tremendous health benefits ranging from fat burning to providing a mega dose of cancer-fighting antioxidants. However you may not be familiar with Matcha Green Tea, a mightier and more potent form of green tea. Matcha Green Tea is made from the entire green tea plant that's ground up (steam, leaf and all) as opposed to just steeping & discarding green tea leaves when preparing brewed green tea. And since Matcha Green Tea uses the entire leaf it has more than 100x the fat-burning power & cancer-fighting antioxidants of brewed green tea.
A recent article from Harper's Bazaar Magazine explores the science & shares insights from leading dietary experts behind the emerald hued super-food that's surging in popularity. Cynthia Pasquella, a Los Angeles nutritionist who's clients include Charlize Theron & Sandra Bullock, says that Matcha Green Tea has played an important role in her client's diets:
"A compound in Matcha Green Tea called EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate) has been shown to boost metabolism and stop the growth of fat cells", says Pasquella, later suggesting 1-3 servings of Matcha per day as a recommended daily intake.
Here are 5 reasons & tips on why you need to include Matcha Green Tea into your daily diet right now as according to nutritionists & industry experts:
- Antioxidant Powerhouse: As mentioned earlier, since Matcha Green Tea is made up of the entire green tea plant it contains more than 100x the cancer-fighting antioxidants of regular brewed green tea. Interestingly enough, Matcha Green Tea is 15x more potent vs. other super foods such as pomegranates, blueberries and acai berries!
- Fat-Burning Secret Weapon: Matcha Green Tea is naturally abundant in EGCG which is renowned for boosting metabolism and inhibiting fat growth. It's a dual powered fat-burning machine that's been embraced in Asian cultures & Hollywood alike!
- Quantity & Quality Matters: Cynthia Pasquella, Los Angeles nutritionists to the stars, suggests 1-3 servings, or roughly 3-9 grams, of Matcha per day. Furthermore it is strongly recommended to consume Japanese Matcha (organic if possible) as Japan is the birthplace and gatekeepers of the highest quality Matcha Green Tea.
- Consume with Healthy Fats: Key essential vitamins such as A, D, E and K are fat soluble thus require healthy fats, such as raw almonds, to get better absorbed by your body. Combine the antioxidant and fat-burning power of Matcha Green Tea with deliciously heart-healthy cold-pressed almond milk.
- Partner with Lemon: Herbalists & culinary experts agree that tea pairs perfectly with lemon. Lemon is a natural detoxing & alkalizing agent, which naturally helps balance your body's acidity levels.
Hopefully you walk away learning something new about this ancient Japanese super food and are curious to give it a try. Our Matcha Green Tea almond milk elixir would be a fantastic way to enjoy Matcha Green Tea (learn more about this delicious green elixir here). Each tasty & eye-opening sip provides the full power of Organic Japanese Matcha Green Tea along with heart-healthy almonds and the alkalizing power of Organic Lemon.
Thank you for reading & be well! - Jake